You are interested in how you insure just yourself.
If you are single and have no dependents then life cover possibly is not your priority. The priority is more about what is going to happen if something happens and you survive.
So, what are the issues you face as an individual?
- Managing Debt — Paying for it, reducing it and eliminating it.
- Surviving a life changing medical event like a Heart Attack, Cancer, Stroke, and Paralysis etc.
- Living with a disability, short and long term
- Managing medical expenses and avoiding waiting lists
- Dealing with the financial mess afterwards, this is where we do talk appropriate levels of Life Cover, but it's down the list of likely events.